Wednesday, November 7, 2007
10 steps forward, 2 steps back?
So much has happened since my last post! In a nutshell:
- MRI came back normal (of course it did)
- I now LOVE my son's teacher. Boy was I wrong. I admit it. This woman has been an angel in our lives. She cares so much and her teaching is with her 24/7. You can tell she goes home and is always thinking of the kids and what else she can do. Always reading and coming up with new ideas and projects. I will be forever grateful.
- Some verbal gains in request form. Still no conversation. (requested Cliclitown Heroes, Doodle'bugs' lol, LililiEinsteins all shows he had no idea I had taped for him but read the titles in the dvr taped list and requested them.
- Had been doing fabulously in reading sight words.
- Speech Eval came back, went to the insurance department and now it's sitting in the "scheduling department" before they call me so that he can start speech at the new center.
- Contacted the school's speech therapist who had not contacted me since school started and have now begun to get regular updates.
- The return of more ear covering, humming and some tantrums. Not sure what to blame this one on yet.
-Might be blaming it soon on the DMSA suppository he just started a week ago. I hope this is not the case but we shall see.
- Sent in a form to begin process for Auditory Integration Therapy.
- Had a long discussion last night with my father in law and his wife as to why he eats what he eats and how he eats it. They seem to think it's really easy to get him to eat everything. I hate those conversations. They also think it's not rocket science to potty train him. Well then, come on over buddy. You do it. :( grrrrrrrrrrrr
- Had an IEP meeting this morning which went smoothly. Most of the things my son is learning are out of the IEP but stem from the actual "goals" if that makes sense. I would say that this year, iep or no iep, he is getting a lot from his teachers. luckily.
That's pretty much our update. We have had a rollercoaster year but all in all we seem to be in better spirits lately and I might be finding that light at the end of the tunnel I had lost some time ago. This year has been really tough on us. I have high hopes for this coming year!
oh yeah, one more update: I am pregnant! :)
We have been trying and the stress of it not happening had been adding to everything else. Fingers crossed it all goes well and that this sibling will be a shining star in my son's life just like he is in ours.