Wednesday, December 19, 2007
I am alive...
I have been gone forever.
So much to update!
1. Well, on with the bad first; I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago. It was crappy and it was my second since the birth of my son. The last m/c was in 2005 and now this one. I was incredibly sad and I am still mad though not sure at whom. It's not hindering my good spirits though. I am like that. I can be completely passionate about a topic and push it aside for other things. The minute the topic comes back, my feeling resurface right away. I was so upset that it actually left an impression with the doctor. On one of my follow up visits he asked "How are you doing? not physically but....." and he pointed to his head. Great, he thinks I am insane because I busted out crying when he told me there had been a miscarriage while doing a sonogram. Is this not how all women react to their 2nd miscarriage? How was I supposed to act?
In any case, nothing I can do. I had to have a lovely d and c procedure and we can start trying again in March. Case over.
2. On to better things, my little chipmunk is doing so good! Guess what? he is potty trained! well, almost. For pee pee he is. It is a huge step! I cannot believe it. I knew that once he did it once it would stick. He is older now and can pick up things quickly once he "Gets" them. No magic formula. We did what we always did and would give up on. Lots of water, no diapers in sight and we would make him sit in the potty. I would let him watch the portable dvd player while sitting. It coincided that he really really really had to go. It was bed time already and he had held it ALL DAY. He started to wimper for a diaper as I changed the movie playing in the dvd player. He was so interested in what I was going to play that he let it go. Yup! he peed. He did so much that I had time to call my husband and my mother and we all started chanting for him excitedly! woohoo!
The next day he went in school once and once at night. The 3rd day the same. By the 4th day my husband sent me a text that he requested to go while at the park with him and went standing up! (he had been sitting) That same night we ran into him peeing on his own. Instead of coming to get us to take him, he just walked in, turned on the lights and went by himself! Hillarious to see him doing such a big boy thing. I love it.
Now on to poop. Not as easy but I am confident the day will come. He will come and bring us a diaper to put on him when he has to go and will hold it until we put it on. In a couple of weeks we will start with round # 2.
3. Let's see, what else.....he has been improving on sight words tremendously. Learning pretty quickly and seems to like it!
He now regularly uses his staple sentence of " Mommy, come with me please" " or when reminded "I want_____" but much much easier than before.
4. Today we started again with the DMSA suppositories. Last time we thought it coincided with a horrible yeast outbreak. Since then, we upped the probiotic to fight it and we are trying it again. Maybe I will get an early Christmas gift? hmmmmm
5. Which brings me to my next topic- Christmas. We have decided to wrap some gifts already assembled and leave others out and let him discover them on his own. He usually walks right by them so we will see. He actually saw one I was wrapping a little while ago and ran to take it away from me. I told him he could touch it after nap. Of course it will dissappear after naptime and he won't remember it but the good news is that he was interested!
6. Oh oh! remembered one more thing! he tried pop corn at school! that is huge considering he eats the same things all the time.
7. He is also hanging from his arms more and more at the park in school with the teacher. This is a big change in upper body strength he never had before. IT's pretty cool to see him swing like a monkey!
That's it for now! Thanks for reading. I hope you all have a fabulous holiday!