Wednesday, January 9, 2008
More news from the DMSA front:
- requesting "lunch time " " dinner time" versus just the usual "crackers" which doesn't really means he wants crackers but rather "feed me"
- when scolded for touching the tv he looked up and said "no, it's ok!". He has never defended any actions he has been in trouble for. Usually there is whining or crying involved not words!
- rode the carrousel at the zoo! twice!
- while watching a show at the zoo he had a snack, bounced to the beat of the music playing AND clapped his hands without being prompted. Usually I have to remind him to clap! not this time!
- on his first, second and third day back to school (today!)after the break the teacher reported increased verbal skills, interest in the other kids, better eye contact and no whining/crying all day long! They are not aware of his chelation treatment.
- went on a field trip to a farm in school in the big yellow school bus and sat with absolutely no problem.
- when I picked him up from school he requested "I want yellow school bus" to which I had to say that perhaps "soon" though really I felt like stealing the bus and taking him on a ride. It is huge that he requested this!
- during nap time, requested "MY socks". # 1 he never requests anything at nap time # 2 if he would, he would usually just said "socks" # 3 he doesn't say "MY" anything. This was his first MY request!
In the words of Queen:
"Is this the real life-
Is this just fantasy-
Caught in a landslide-
No escape from reality-
Open your eyes-
Look up to the skies and see-"
We are ecstatic!
Can it really be that all of this is happening?
Then again, tomorrow makes 1 week from the parking lot tantrum incident. Today is suppository day. Let's see what tomorrow brings.