TGIF! and what a Friday it is!
I went to pick up my son from school and the teacher reported that he not only wrote his name on his own, but he did so without the one below to trace off!
I gave him some time when he got home from school and set up his usual homework area. We did letter tracing and name tracing. Then came the test; I asked him to write his name.
His cheerful demeanor changed and he immediately fussed but lo and behold, I held his hand and helped with the first initial of his name and he did the rest.
It's not perfect by any means but just several weeks ago he had no interest in holding a marker or crayon!
I did the silly mom cheer and dance.
I cupped his face with my hands and made sure I had his eye contact and told him " GREAT JOB, BABY!" He smiled, said his usual "excuse me please" to be allowed to leave and off he went happily skipping to watch an ABC video.
Time to celebrate!
Woohoo!
4 comments:
Congratulations on your sons name! It really is a big accomplishment and I'm so happy for the both of you.
If you want to know how to make your posts shorter then this is the best website!
http://betabloggerfordummies.blogspot.com/2007/02/expandable-post-summaries.html
I was able to read it and follow the instructions myself after many minutes :) If you need help though, you can always email direct and they will help you out! They also have some other great stuff for the site!
Is it okay for me to link to your site on my page? Can you also link to mine?
I hope you both have a wonderful night and congrats again. We learn to appreciate the smallest things in our world of progression. Makes me smile!
Oh and one thing I forgot to ask, How do I become a member of the autism bloggers on the bottom of your page?
Thank you so much
Tiffany
Thanks Tiffany. Will check that blogger site tomorrow!
I will also add your link to my list. No problem!
Regarding the bloggers, I will look into it tomorrow and let you know how I did it (though I don't think mine is active yet!)
Thanks for stopping by.
B
Way to go Dylan and Mommy! WOO HOO and high fives all around. That is such an achievement. I love the "excuse me" comment. Eric does that too!
I hope you all celebrated over the weekend,despite all this rain!
Love and hugs,
Katherine
Post a Comment