Friday, September 14, 2007

NO MRI for us...


I had it all planned.
I let my son nap from 3 -7pm.
I stuffed him with food and water until midnight.
Sleepy time.

All in the hopes that he would:
Be full and not request food in the morning.
Sleep in so that we could dress him and take him straight to the car.

We would wake up as close to the appt. time as possible. He was not to eat past midnight which is why this was the plan for the 10:00am appt.

But life happened.

He peed on his bed at 6am, therefore waking him up.
"Pretzels!" he screamed half hour later.
That is his universal word for "Feed me something"

Sigh, what to do?
Called and cancelled the appt. and will wait to reschedule for an earlier time.
Didn't even think to do so the first time because I was sure I could manage the "plan" I had.

Had I not fed him in the AM, he would have cried and screamed to be fed. We would have had to hopelessly attempt to explain the why nots of the situation and surely he would not comprehend. In his mind, he would have thought something along the lines of "I don't get it. I am taught to request in this specific way and now that I do, I don't get anything in return!" Well, not quite, but you get the idea.


We did our morning routine and off he went to school as usual.

This afternoon I will be taking him for a haircut.
Can you imagine all the fun we are going to have?

























No comments: