Thursday, August 16, 2007

Let the worrying begin...

So, we WILL be going for the brain MRI.

Sigh.

Just found out from a friend that he will have to have an IV in place. Wow.

All I can think about was the experience we had a couple of years ago attempting to retrieve blood. He would not stay still and kept fighting it. We left and rescheduled. The second time around, they strapped him to this jacket with a board on the back which prevented him from moving. Choking back the tears was extremely hard on this one. He was petrified. He kept looking at me wanting me to make it better and I couldn't. All of that and the blood just would not come out.

Left again and rescheduled a third time when they were finally able to get blood samples.

In this case, the IV will flow in, but how on earth will they get him to lay down on command? No way! Even if Barney is playing on TV, he will not stay still with the IV in his arm. He will also attempt to take it out.

My sweet sweet baby. I can't believe he has to go through this.

In addition, I am worried about the ingredients in the sedation formula. Just a little paranoid. There is no explaining this to the nurses because they will roll their eyes. A friend says it includes Rubinol,Versed and Nembutal. Does anyone have any experiences with these? I will mention it to our pediatrician next week and see what he has to say.

Let the worrying begin.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: