
The beauty of beginning a new supplement is that you are just so much more aware of everything your child does. You also drive yourself insane wondering if it's the supplement or coincidence.
We have increased the amount of Methylaid my son takes as recommended by the doctor.
Ever since we did, my son has been a lot more focused on everything he does from eating to playing with his toys.
Last summer, he had a similar phase such as this one. He also did the same thing he started to do today, then.
For example, he finds his CD with the song True Colors and plays it over and over and becomes seemingly sad. Out of the blue! Why is that? I mean, just minutes before and usually minutes after, he is happy again but the song just brings him back to a place where he becomes very melancholic. At least, that is what it seems like.
In our autism world of over analyzing everything and coming up with a thousand theories, it is fair to say it is all a guess. We don't have a clue!
Frustrating not to just be able to ask "What is it baby? Why are you upset?"
I went in, sat next to him and cuddled him while I listened to the song several times. I finally encouraged him to change it to the other ones on the CD. He did willingly but the minute I left the room, True Colors came back on! He is there now. Back to that place.
I looked up the lyrics and they are really interesting when put into the Autism Spectrum Disorder world:
Enjoy and have a great weekend!
You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged
Oh I realize
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small
But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow
Show me a smile then,
Don't be unhappy, can't remember
When I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know
I'll be there
And I'll see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow
We have increased the amount of Methylaid my son takes as recommended by the doctor.
Ever since we did, my son has been a lot more focused on everything he does from eating to playing with his toys.
Last summer, he had a similar phase such as this one. He also did the same thing he started to do today, then.
For example, he finds his CD with the song True Colors and plays it over and over and becomes seemingly sad. Out of the blue! Why is that? I mean, just minutes before and usually minutes after, he is happy again but the song just brings him back to a place where he becomes very melancholic. At least, that is what it seems like.
In our autism world of over analyzing everything and coming up with a thousand theories, it is fair to say it is all a guess. We don't have a clue!
Frustrating not to just be able to ask "What is it baby? Why are you upset?"
I went in, sat next to him and cuddled him while I listened to the song several times. I finally encouraged him to change it to the other ones on the CD. He did willingly but the minute I left the room, True Colors came back on! He is there now. Back to that place.
I looked up the lyrics and they are really interesting when put into the Autism Spectrum Disorder world:
Enjoy and have a great weekend!
You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged
Oh I realize
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small
But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow
Show me a smile then,
Don't be unhappy, can't remember
When I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know
I'll be there
And I'll see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow
No comments:
Post a Comment