We have increased my son's Methylaid to one more added to his existing dose.
In this past week we have seen some new spontaneous words.
"Look! Over there!" which of course is random and really doesn't mean anything, but it's speech right? It's what we want and how it starts.
There has also been:
"C'mon, hurry, let's go!" said while in bed
"Go" when telling his grandma to move out of the way as she is in front of his PC
"That's a great idea" blurted out randomly
and my favorite:
"You're so haaaaappy" when he is crying instead of what he was saying before "You're so mean." I guess someone taught him not to say "mean" and instead say "happy." He still cries and blurts out "you're so happy." I's the cutest thing, yet sad at the same time. Sigh. But, hey, it's vocabulary!
We have been teaching the phrase "Mommy, can I please watch_________" to replace the simpler " I want __________" and it has been coming out more spontaneously this week as well.
I am going to dare say there has been an increase in comprehension as well.
Yesterday's comment by me "Go get daddy and tell him it's sleepy time!" resulted in him going to his room, shutting off the pc, lights and grabbing daddy's hand while saying " Come with me." Not too shabby, huh? I fully expected him to stop halfway, forget what he was running towards and return, but that was not the case.
Lastly, while I was nagging at him prior to his nap time this afternoon (to please drink some more water), he cried and said "sleepy time!" which is what I usually say to him in response to him whining about anything prior to nap time...LOL! Role reversal. Gotta love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment